Creamy Vegan Shiitake & Kale Pasta Recipe – Hifow
Happy Monday, it’s pasta time! This is a spin on a recipe that has been a reader favourite (also 1 of my favorites) from our cookbook. In the ebook, this creamy miso pasta is produced with brussels sprouts – have you experimented with it? If so, you’re likely to adore this version with shiitake mushrooms and kale. If you have not experimented with it, well now’s your opportunity 🙂
The cashew product has just 5 ingredients: cashews, miso paste, garlic, lemon, and black pepper. It’s so easy to make, still it’s so hearty and delightful – especially with sautéed shiitake mushrooms. Shiitakes have such a amazing umami flavor – I just adore them in this article with this vivid lemon-y sauce. There’s also some kale in in this article for great measure.
I made use of brown rice fusilli, but any brief pasta slash (spirals, shells, and so on) will operate excellent in in this article to soak up the sauce.
Creamy Vegan Shiitake & Kale Pasta
- eight ounces fusilli pasta (I made use of brown rice fusilli)
- one tablespoon olive oil
- eight ounces destemmed and sliced shiitake mushrooms
- juice of ½ a smaller lemon, much more to style
- 5 to six kale leaves, sliced
- pinch of pink pepper flakes, optional
- shaved macadamia nut and/or parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked at minimum 4 hours or right away*
- ¾ cup water
- one tablespoon miso paste
- one smaller garlic clove
- one tablespoon fresh new lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Make the miso cashew lemon product sauce by blending together the cashews, water, miso paste, garlic, lemon juice and pinches of pepper in a higher-pace blender until eventually creamy. Established aside.
- Provide a massive pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to offer instructions, or until eventually al dente. Reserve one cup of the starchy pasta water ahead of draining the pasta.
- While your pasta cooks, warmth the olive oil in a massive skillet in excess of medium warmth. Increase the shiitake mushrooms and sauté, stirring only from time to time, for two to three minutes. Increase the scallions and continue to cook a different couple of minutes until eventually the mushrooms are tender and browned. Increase a squeeze of lemon juice, stir, and then insert the kale. Cook dinner until eventually the kale is a little bit wilted, insert a different squeeze of lemon juice, and stir. Increase the pasta, toss again and drizzle with ½ the product sauce. Year to style with much more salt, pepper and remaining product sauce, as desired. If your sauce is too clumpy, stir in the reserved pasta water, as desired to make a creamy regularity.
- Provide very hot garnished with shaved macadamia nuts, parmesan cheese and a pinch of pink pepper flakes, if desired.
*The cashew sauce is best produced in a higher pace blender, such as a vitamix. If you’re utilizing a typical blender, soak the cashews for 24 hours and mix lengthier until eventually the sauce is sleek. Increase further water if important.
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #loveandlemons on Instagram.